Tuesday 22 October 2013

LEVEL 9 - SOLD!

After my last post I received a message from Tony at Kinetica Museum asking If I would like to sell the hologram at the silent auction event he was organising at the weekend.  I thought this was a great idea and I made a special trip down to London. The event was called Night Vision and there was a great selection of kinetic and light art.







I installed the Hologram in the dark room and it fitted in perfectly with the other illuminated art.





I had a chat to a few people about how the hologram was crossing between two different projects. OOM and Holotronica. The idea for the event was that each artwork had a piece of paper and you could add a silent bid up until the deadline of 9.30pm.







It was quite exciting and I wondered if it would sell.
One Lady said she thought the hologram looked like music. "Thats amazing" I said "It does represent music" and I pointed to the shapes and explained what instruments each shape related to.

 The Hologram received only one bid and it was Tony who told me he really liked the OOM project and he wanted to be a part of it.

I took a picture of him with the hologram.



THANKS TONY! 

I was over the moon as you can expect and felt a sense of relief that the project is still on course.


It was fun and I had a sense of dipping my toe in the art world. you can find out more about Tony and Kinetica at www.kinetica-museum.org Also check out Kinetica Arts Fair if you get a chance there is always some amazing art to see and buy.

Ive got £512 to spend on the next level. I have quite a few ideas and its quite a serious amount of money. Im nearly half way in exactly 4 months. You will have to wait and see what happens next... meanwhile If you like what Im doing you can buy my new 3D AV album at www.holotronica.com


No comments:

Post a Comment