Wednesday 28 August 2013

LEVEL 7 - SOLD AT THE DOG AND GUN


I took the light box along with me to a pop up pub weekend in Braunston, Northamptonshire. The event was organised by Pete Lawrence (who organised the Chilled Cider event @ Level 1) His house was once a pub. 'The Dog and Gun' closed its doors in 1971.



I turned up late on Saturday night and plugged in the lightbox. There were a couple of 'OOM Levelers' there. It had a good reaction. 'Level 1 Marcus' said that I should hold this piece back and sell it at a later level because he thinks it is worth a lot more. I explained that it was just a game and the value of the art is irrelevant and that all I need to do is advance to the next level and I will succeed.

 I spent the next day demonstrating my Oculus Rift VR (virtual reality) Developer kit that had recently arrived. well it had arrived a few weeks ago but I decided not to open it until I finished my forthcoming Holotronica 3D Blu-Ray(too distracting!). I finished on Friday morning so I was up for a celebration specially considering the album and the visuals had taken best part of 5 years to complete. I hope to develop Holotronica VR to coincide with the launch of the Rift  in 2014. Its amazing and blew minds of everyone who tried it that day. It will revolutionise computer gaming forever.

My friend Jacquelina introduced me to  Johnny who was taking photos with a wide angle lense. He also does 360 immersive photography which interests me and something I want to explore within OOM at some point. He liked the light box and he bought it from me.





I tell them they will receive a VIP pass to the amazing party Im going to throw if I complete the challenge.
He paid me £128 in cash and took it back to Finsbury Park London where they live.




I left monday morning and visited my pal James Braddell AKA Funki Porcini in Lighthorn. I was telling him about the OOM project and also about an email I had received from the 'MAD Museum' in Stratford upon Avon. I had been asked If I would like to exhibit anything in the Museum as they were about to move into bigger premises. James told me we were very close to there so I managed to arrange a site visit and have a chat about what would be possible.

Iain at MAD Museum had seen my Holo-Gauze 3D screen installation at Kinetica Arts Fair in February and I explained that I have a 3D Blu-Ray album coming out soon and we agreed to install a 3D TV in there and sell the 3D Blu-Ray in the shop. I also explained about the OOM project and showed him photos on my phone of the level 7 piece I just sold. He couldn't believe what I had achieved for the budget and showed an interest in buying a piece for the Museum. I left with my mind spinning with ideas and excitement. I took a few pics and Vine clips and hopefully will be back soon with something to install.

here are some of the mechanical artworks in the museum. I highly recommend a visit if you're in the area...







Tonight I received a pic of the piece in Johnny and Jacquelinas home and a great video with their dog.





No comments:

Post a Comment