Sunday 22 September 2013

LEVEL 8 - The Chocolate Bar Kid

After my last post Disco Kid managed to escape when we were out. He was last seen in the Lawrence Hill area of Bristol. * 



We found Disco Kid hanging out in a seedy bar and and managed to get him home in one piece.



His head was spinning!


I was contacted by Louise who was in my year at junior school we were friends then and had recently met at a school re-union. Its nice how so many of us are in touch via facebook and a few of my childhood pals have been following the blog.

Louise and her husband Colin run a bar in Watford called Chocolate. They showed an interest in Level 7 for the bar but were too late so I suggested that they could have first dibs on the next Level and that I had an idea for Level 8 called Disco Kid. 

They said yes as soon as they saw the blog and we arranged that I bring it down on Saturday.
Meanwhile they got a flyer together to promote Disco Kids first night.

I arrive saturday and we have a little difficulty at first where to put him so he can be seen but not touched. We realise the best place is between the cool semicircular booths they have. aparently there used to be a fishtank there so Disco Kid was filling a gap. He needed a plynth or something. So I asked if they had anything out back that we could use to put him on. They didnt think I would find anything but...


... a barrel is perfect. I shoot down to Wilkinsons and buy some silver spray paint and some long bolts to secure the whole lot down.

I sprayed up one of the barrels and it looked great like it was brand new when it was done. 

We finally got it all working and they love it.


I went back later that evening to raise a glass for him and take some photos, 
The place was packed and had a great vibe, 


Disco Kid looks wicked in his new home,
He will party forever!

Heres a vine clip...https://vine.co/v/hvllEOIY6QV

Louise says she would like to have the story on the same long wall and it will add each level. I suggest having a 'You are here' where disco kid is at level 8.  I wonder how far this crazy idea is actually going to go???

Ive got an idea for level 9 and the £256,  I will have to get it made in America, you will have to check the next Blog Post to find out. But It will be something to celebrate the launch of my new 3D project Holotronica. Im pleased to announce that it will be released on 18th November 2013 as a 3D Blu-Ray, CD/DVD and Vinyl.
you can pre-order it through the new holotronica shop at www.holotronica.com 

------

* Thanks to Nathan for sending me this picture it made me laugh, I have no idea who this is or where he is going. If anyone can shed some light on this photograph then please get in touch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment